It could be the Egyptians, the Israelis, the Syrians or the Lebanese; They all claim to have created Chickpeas. If that is all you are fighting for, then we can see peace in the Middle East! Chickpeas is simply made from cooked chickpeas mixed with a number of other ingredients that we all have in our homes. There are (at least) 5 reasons we love Chickpeas: Get ready.
It’s as hellishly healthy
Before we dive into the delicious taste of Chickpeas, let’s bring to light the belly rumble (I promise for a moment) and explore the health benefits of one of the oldest dishes in the Mediterranean. Chickpeas has been shown to balance cholesterol, lower high blood pressure, and protect against heart disease. Talk about an all-in-one health package!
As a vegetarian or vegan, getting the protein your body needs can sometimes be quite difficult. But when it comes to Chickpeas, protein seeps everywhere and no one complains. The chickpeas doesn’t stop there, it also strengthens the bones, which is very important if you ask me.
It goes with almost anything
Chickpeas is versatile; You can combine it with almost anything, although we recommend skipping some specific combinations. Grain is just one example. You can use it as a side dish, a main course, a sandwich, a satellite dish … wait what? Scrape the latter. If you asked me I’d say you spread it on pita, use it as a sauce for fresh vegetables, or just eat it with boiled beans. Either way, when you’re done, lick the dish.
it’s easy to do
You certainly don’t have to be the zohan to know how to make a delicious dish (or bowl) out of Chickpeas. It only takes 6 minutes.
- 15 ounces chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (if you don’t have it, don’t need it)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (keep until the end)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and let rest until the mixture is smooth and creamy (add water or oil if necessary).
- Use the back of a spoon to spread it out on a plate in a circular motion
- Drizzle with olive oil and paprika
- Yes, you don’t need an explanation for that.
- You can add almost anything to the extension. Fried vegetables, boiled meat, fresh onions and soft-boiled eggs are also very popular.
This could be the door to peace
Hey, it’s no secret that food connects people. If the path to a man’s heart passes through his stomach, then the path to the heart of a nation will be the same. If everyone could sit together and enjoy a hearty meal of Chickpeas at the table, maybe we could make it to the negotiating table.