Diets can’t be that hard! What? Did you think paleo chocolate chip cookies were bad for you? Think again and with the hype of the paleo, we’ve also added a new twist to the term healthy eating. No one said you should sacrifice cookies or chocolate or lose weight!
Sure, many people turn to Paleo for weight loss help, but it was originally designed to help people with stomach ailments. But let’s focus on the benefits of weight loss. Basically, with Paleo, you’re cutting out empty carbs and adding in healthy vegetable fiber and lean protein instead. Plant fibers help you feel full. While the lean protein will keep your energy levels stable while you build muscle. Omega 3S stimulates the metabolism and reduces fats in the body. Since you are now eating more, there are fewer calories. Eliminating processed flour, refined sugars, and foods that can cause inflammatory reactions will help your body stay on a healthy path. The benefits of the paleo diet outweigh the disadvantages, and that’s the point. And this recipe?
Paleo chocolate chip cookies
Total time: 25 minutes * Servings: 24 biscuits
- 2 chambers almond powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond butter
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 C. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt flakes (for decoration)
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine almond flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, add butter, almond butter, honey, egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and carefully pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the biscuits with a little sea salt flakes.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.