Vacations are always so fun that you can see your family and friends, eat delicious food, and hang out with loved ones. Christmas dinners are always fun and fun and bringing the cake is a nice touch. Making dessert seems like a huge challenge, but this dessert is so simple and easy to make that it will become your favorite. Of course we’re talking about the classic chocolate cake. This classic dessert is undoubtedly an all-time favorite. Whether you’re taking it to a Christmas party or a Christmas dinner, everyone will love it!
- 4 oz. dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of ultra fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- (optional) 1/4 tsp. Powdered espresso
- 1 fully pre-cooked 9 inch cake
- 3 cups of whipped cream
- 1 chocolate bar, chopped, shaved or melted in chocolate rolls
- In a microwaveable bowl, heat the chocolate every 20 seconds while stirring until it is completely melted. Let it cool for about 10 minutes until it is room temperature.
- In a bowl of an electric hand mixer, use the spoon and combine sugar and butter on medium to high speed. Keep stirring until it dissolves. This should take a 1 minute or 2 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, gradually add it to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the espresso powder and whisk on medium speed until well mixed.
- Add the vanilla and mix until well blended with the mixture.
- Beat, add an egg and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes. Repeat for the remaining 3 eggs, beating the mixture for 5 minutes after each egg is added. It takes 20 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the bottom of the cake and smooth the top with a spatula to make sure the batter is evenly distributed.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
- Serve and enjoy!
This cake contains raw eggs.