Now that winter is coming and it’s cold outside, now is the perfect time to make some delicious and hot soup! the undisputed French onion soup is very simple and easy to prepare and is the perfect choice for a cold evening dinner. They taste unlike anything delicious, and onions are also healthy. They are high in potassium and vitamin C, which help lower blood pressure. As if you needed as many reasons to make this delicious soup, onion soup matched with garlic bread and melted cheese in the soup itself, making it a delicious dish. So, without going any further, we’ll get to that in a moment. Here we have a great and easy onion soup that you can prepare at home anytime you want. All it takes is a little time to prepare the onions and a little patience and voila!
What do I need?
The ingredients are simple and easy to find. All ingredients are available in nearly all grocery stores and supermarkets:
- 2 SPOONS. Vegetable oil.
- 7-8 large white onions.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 SPOONS. Mix dry onion soup.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cream (optional).
- A yellow cheese of your choice to melt only (also optional).
How Do I Make It?
- First you need to chop and brown the onion. All you have to do is put the oil in a saucepan and add the onions. Simmer for about 40 minutes until golden brown. Just make sure to mix them every now and then to avoid sunburn. We just want brown, not black.
- Once the onions are cooked, transfer them to a large, thick-bottomed saucepan and fill them almost completely, about 3/4 of the way, with water. Put the fire under the pan.
- Chop the garlic and add it to the soup mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and over medium heat for about 40 minutes.
- If you want the soup to be more creamy, you can add cream.
- Another option is to add cheese to the soup while it is already in a bowl so it will melt.
Garlic bread is a great combination with this soup! All you have to do is enjoy this French onion soup!