In the winter months, soup is more of a staple food. And it’s all natural. It’s a delicious and easy way to warm up from head to toe. Plus, you can easily shed a few capsules off without the extra guilt! But when you’ve had enough of the same chicken noodle soup, we have the perfect recipe for you! Try this vegetable and sweet potato soup when preparing your next family dinner.
One of the reasons we choose sweet potato soup is because of its benefits. Sweet potatoes are an ideal source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Copper, Manganese and Pantothenic Acid. They’re also loaded with potassium, fiber, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus. Everything you want in one big soup!
Zucchini contains vitamin A, magnesium, folic acid, potassium, copper, and phosphorus (all of which have their benefits). Broccoli is also an excellent source of vitamins K and C, folic acid, and the tiny periwinkle is also a source of potassium and fiber.
We’ve mentioned vitamin C a few times here, but let’s talk about these benefits – there are so many of them! Vitamin C helps build collagen, which then forms the tissues and bones of the body, and also helps heal cuts and wounds. After all, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and protects the body from free radical damage.
Okay, enough health benefits, let’s check out the recipe!
Creamy vegetable and sweet potato soup:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 bunch of broccoli, chopped
- 2 cartons of chicken broth
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon of celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 ½ cups of heavy cream
- In a saucepan, fry the onion in butter until translucent, but not golden brown.
- Add the sweet potatoes, zucchini, and broccoli; then lightly brown for 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Add the broth; Cook over low heat for a few minutes over low heat.
- Add spices and potatoes. Then cook for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the cream and heat.
- Warm up and enjoy your delicious soup!